Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ceramic Play Dough


Another great play dough recipe.  I use this one when we are making stuff that we want to keep.  It hardens really well and does not crack.  No baking or anything special.  If it is wet or cold out, it may take a couple days to dry out completely.  I turned the letters and hand prints every once in a while to let it dry evenly.  My favorite thing to do is to make imprints of the kids hands or feet.  Such a great memento of their size at whatever age they are at. I had some buttons and the kids choose which ones they wanted and pressed them into the form before it dried.  I used a straw to put a hole in the top so I could add a ribbon later.



 Okay, so here it the recipe.
1 1/2 cup salt
3/4 cup of corn starch
1 cup of water
Mix it all in a pot and cook over a low heat, stirring frequently.  Dough will start to form a ball.  Take out and begin to knead...(let it cool a bit) 
This dough can be colored as you cook (I add the color to the water) or it can be painted after it hardens. 
Pin It

No comments: