Friday, January 28, 2011

You've Got My Heart on a String

I saw these in Family Fun magazine and they looked right up our alley. Of course, I had to add my spin to them. I gathered all the materials we needed, yarn in different colors and some ribbon.  I let the kids choose which cookie cutters to use.  They choose a star, hearts and a circle.  I put some modge podge (craft glue) into some containers with spoons (my son doesn't like to get gooey).  Then the kids dipped or spooned the glue onto the yarn and ribbon and stuffed it in the shapes.  It took several days to dry and I flipped them several times to help the drying process.  We made ours a little thick, but you don't have to.  When they dried, I pushed a ribbon through one of the holes in the yarn and hung them up. 
 I Heart Them!



Pin It

1 comment:

Mihaela { Best Toys 4 Toddlers } said...

They turned out totally awesome! :) Love this idea!