Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wonderful Wacky Water Beads

Seriously, I cannot believe I have never tried these.  I found these clear ones at the Dollar Store!  All I did was pour them in a little bit of water and they totally disappeared.  I called the kids over and asked if they wanted to do some water play.  They immediately plunged their hands in the water and SURPRISE.....water beads.  They played with these all day and even asked for them again after dinner.  They are non-toxic, biodegradable, and environmentally safe.  I love them!  After dinner, we put them in warm water and added some color to the water.  If they dry out simply put them back into water.  So cool.






Pin It

5 comments:

Rachel Kaylynn said...

What a great find! My boys would love these, will be booking mark this for when it's too cold to go outside in a couple weeks.

Kym said...

Are they just glass beads or are they actually called "water beads". When you said they may dry out, I wondered if they were something different than just glass beads. Thanks!

Time For Play said...

Kym, they are not glass beads. You cam find them with the floral stuff. My kids have Noe squished them all to bits, so we need to make another visit to the Dollar Store. I think the might have them at WalMart too. They are super fun....just add water!

Kym said...

Cool, thanks. I'm going to try to find some since Sterling & Gwen are coming over to play tomorrow! Meagan will love that I do something with them from YOUR blog! :)

Time For Play said...

LOL! I know they will love them! Have fun and thanks for the comment. I love to hear what you think about my posts!