Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Abstract Toddler Art


I set this up this activity for my littles (18 months) the other day. We have lots of scrap paper and I can't seem to throw it away, figuring we could use it for something.  My littles love tearing paper (which is an excellent way to strengthen those little hand muscles) so, I taped sticky paper to our easel, sticky side up, and the littles tore and stuck paper until their little hearts were content.  I kept this up all morning and one little girl stayed with it the whole time.  Sticking, tearing and removing paper.  So great for fine motor, color recognition, cause and effect, hand/eye coordination, sensory, problem solving and creativity....just to name a few!  





Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did u get the sticky paper? Or what isis it actually called. I can't find anything that big.

Time For Play said...

Hi Kellie. It's actually called contact paper. You can get it at most any store. Folks use it in their pantries and cupboards to cover shelving. I get mine at Walmart.
Hope you find some.

Unknown said...

Thank you :-) I think my daughter will enjoy this!

Time For Play said...

Your so welcome! Have fun!